Former commissioner of Delhi Police Neeraj Kumar supported Delhi police’s investigation into the violence that happened in northeast Delhi in February this 12 months. On Wednesday, the Delhi Police named fifteen individuals within the charge sheet, accusing them of orchestrating the riots that killed no less than 53 individuals and injured a whole lot.
On Tuesday, Delhi Police commissioner SN Shrivastava wrote to veteran cop Julio Ribeiro, explaining to him that the investigation was being carried out with none discrimination based mostly on caste or faith, and was backed by documentary and scientific proof.
Former Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar believes Delhi Police is correct and here’s what he says.
* A variety of the factors have already been defined by the police commissioner in his letter to Julio Ribeiro, stated Neeraj Kumar. “However nonetheless, I’m higher positioned than lots of my colleagues who’re expressing their anguish.
* “On the premise of restricted inputs I’ve, I do know that Delhi Police has give you some technical proof. It isn’t based mostly on some heresy,” the previous police chief stated.
* Neeraj Kumar stated the planning occurred in a big scale. Folks have been assembly at varied locations in Northeast Delhi, Kumar stated. “There may be lot of proof not solely in opposition to Umar Khalid, but additionally in opposition to members who’re already arrested,” Neeraj Kumar stated.
* “Some individuals have gone to the Delhi Excessive Court docket urging route to the Delhi Police to take motion in opposition to Kapil Mishra. The problem is subjudice. I don’t wish to defend Kapil Mishra. However I’m giving a perspective. What he stated didn’t incite riots,” Kumar stated.
* Umar Khalid has not been made an accused only for his Amravati speech the place he requested individuals to return out in protest throughout US president Donald Trump’s go to to India. Proof in opposition to him are much more. His speech varieties solely a small portion of the physique of the proof that Delhi Police have, Neeraj Kumar stated.